New Episode: Parenting on a Boat, It Takes a Village Podcast
Today’s episode is unique because we are interviewing Jess and James, who decided five years ago to pack up and sail around the world, babies and all. They’ve had quite the journey, and perhaps their biggest adventures have been having two children, Rocket and Indigo, along the way. Whether or not you’ve ever considered living on a boat, you're sure to find our conversation fascinating and thought-provoking.
- Where Jess and James are now, what they did when they started, and what they are doing, and what their days are like.
- How far in advance the family plans and when they plan on stopping their current lifestyle.
- Some of the ways that the journey has changed from the time that it was just James and Jess to now.
- What James and Jess miss about living in one place, as well as some of the benefits of living on a boat.
- How James, Jess, and the kids make friends within the sailing community.
- Some of the different milestones that children in the sailing community might reach before or after children who are raised traditionally.
Quotes From This Episode:“We don’t really have a goal of sailing around the world anymore. It’s if we’re enjoying the lifestyle and it’s working and the kids are enjoying it.” -James
“Our kids get two full-time parents, and if we were living back in London, we couldn’t afford to do this. We’re both there for every milestone.” -Jess
“We are more sociable now than when we were in London.” -James
Have an idea for the show?
Have a topic you'd love for us to discuss? Call 1-866-553-5874 extension 500 and leave us a voicemail.
Meet the host: DJ Waldow
DJ Waldow is a husband, father (of 4... including TWINS!), and a 7-year gDiapers user—his children, not him. He's an advocate, a super-fan, and an overall lover of the gDiaper brand, product, and community. DJ also happens to have his own marketing company, 3LTRZ, where he helps clients with content creation—like podcasts. DJ has launched 3 (now 4) podcasts over the years, recording over 100 episodes!