Podcast Episode: The Impact of Pregnancy and Infant Loss (Part 1 of 2)
In honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, we're sharing our podcast series on this important topic. Listen in as we honor those special babies born sleeping, those we carried but never held, those we held but could not take home, and those who came home but could not stay.
Pregnancy loss is a common occurrence, with about one in four pregnancies ending in miscarriage or infant loss. It’s a difficult topic to talk about, however, and sometimes women feel alone after experiencing such a loss. Today we are going to be talking to Jessica Daggett, a wife, mom, and doula. She has three children and has experienced pregnancy loss twice. She has so much to share that we decided to split the interview into two parts, with this being part one.
Whether or not you have experienced a pregnancy loss, this is a show you won’t want to miss, since chances are good that someone close to you will be affected by the loss of a pregnancy.
- What Jessica and her husband had planned when it came to having children and what ended up happening in terms of spacing and pregnancy complications.
- Jessica’s pregnancy loss of her daughter, Daphne, at 34 weeks -- how she found out, how she felt, and how she got through the days between finding out and delivering her baby.
- Daphne’s birth story.
- When and how Jessica and her husband decided to try again for another baby and the difficulties that they had.
- Jessica’s feelings during her third pregnancy when she got to the last trimester, which was when she lost Daphne.
- Jessica’s second loss, how it happened, and what caused her second-trimester miscarriage.
Links From Contributors:Krista Parry episode
Jessica on Twitter
Quotes From This Episode:“I knew what they were going to end up telling me, but I refused to believe it.”
“No baby in the world could replace the one that we lost.... It would just add to our family.”
“Once you have experienced a loss, the innocence of pregnancy is stolen away.”
Have an idea for the show?
Have a topic you'd love for us to discuss? Call 1-866-553-5874 extension 500 and leave us a voicemail.
Meet the host: DJ Waldow
DJ Waldow is a husband, father (of 4... including TWINS!), and a 7-year gDiapers user—his children, not him. He's an advocate, a super-fan, and an overall lover of the gDiaper brand, product, and community. DJ also happens to have his own marketing company, 3LTRZ, where he helps clients with content creation—like podcasts. DJ has launched 3 (now 4) podcasts over the years, recording over 100 episodes!